All attendees who register online will receive a receipt/confirmation via email upon completion of the registration process and payment. If you do not see your receipt in your inbox, check your spam/junk folder. If you have any questions regarding receipts, email email@example.com.
HOW TO GET STATE (SLPAHADB) CREDIT OR ASHA CEUS FOR SESSIONS ATTENDED
- You must scan your badge as you enter sessions. There will be volunteers at each session to assist attendees with check-in. If you do not scan your badge, you will not receive credit.
- Check your certificate to ensure all the sessions you attended are listed. Certificates will be available 7-10 days after the convention. Notify firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
- Print a copy of your certificate for your records.
Things to Remember:
- Attendees will receive an email following the convention notifying them that the certificates are available and how to access them. This email will go out 7-10 days after the convention.
- You must check your certificate and notify CSHA staff of any errors no later than April 14, 2022 at 3 p.m. CSHA is held to a deadline, by ASHA, to submit your continuing education information. If you miss the April 14 deadline, you may need to submit a petition to ASHA to update your ASHA registry. ASHA petition is $50 payable to ASHA. If you have questions regarding ASHA petitions, please contact ASHA.*Requests for ASHA CEUs past the deadline of April 14 will be subject to a $50 fee. We encourage all attendees to respond to continuing education deadlines in a timely manner.
- It is recommended that you keep a list of all the sessions you attended to assist you in verifying the information on your certificate. Please contact email@example.com if there are any discrepancies on your certificate.
CONTINUING EDUCATION FAQ
How will I receive continuing education credit?
We have a new system this year. When you attend a workshop, you will scan your badge at the door to the sessions and sign in on the attendance form and you will receive credit. After the conference, you will receive an email with your CEU certificates.
Can students receive continuing education credit?
No, students are not eligible for state or ASHA CEUs.
I changed the session I attended mid-lecture; can I still receive credit?
You cannot miss more than 5 minutes of a session if you want to receive credit. The first session you scan into, is the session your will receive credit for. If you scan into a session and switch less than 5 minutes in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to change the session you get credit for.
Can I get credit for a session on a day I did not register for?
No, you can only receive credit for sessions that occur on the day(s) you are registered.
Can I get credit for multiple sessions happening concurrently?
No, you can only receive credit for one session at a time.
My badge won’t scan, where can I get help?
Please visit the solutions desk for assistance.
I am a speaker; can I get credit for my presentation?
Yes, you will need to scan your badge at the beginning of your presentation.
How many continuing education credits can I receive?
Attendees can receive up to 2.25 ASHA CEUs and 22.5 state (SLPAHADB) credit.
How many CE credits can I gain at each session?
- Ninety (90) minute courses are worth 1.5 state licensing credits.
- Three (3) hour courses are worth 3 state licensing credits.
How many credits do I need to maintain my state license?
SLPs and AuDs need 24 CE credits every two years. SLPAs need 12 CE credits every two years. For further information please visit https://www.speechandhearing.ca.gov/applicants/qual_app_slp.shtml.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION: VERIFICATION AND PROCESS/TIMELINE FOR REQUESTING CORRECTIONS
- You will have access to your certificate of completion no later than one week after the convention ends. You will receive an email with a link.
- You must be sure to scan your badge and sign-in to every session you attend. If you are not scanned into a session, you will not receive credit for that session.
- Any errors on your certificate must be reported to CSHA staff (email@example.com) by April 14, 2022.
- Any late requests for continuing education credits that you believe are missing or incorrect are subject to the deadlines put in place by both SLPAHADB and ASHA.
- All requests for continuing education credit corrections must be submitted no later than April 14, 2022. If you miss the April 14 deadline to submit requests for continuing education credit you believe are missing or incorrect, you will need to submit a participant appeal to ASHA after the reporting has been processed.
- It is highly recommended that you keep a list of all the sessions you attended to assist you in verifying the information on your certificate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any discrepancies on your certificate.
*Requests for ASHA CEUs past the deadline of April 14 will be subject to a $50 fee. We encourage all attendees to respond to continuing education deadlines in a timely manner.